Review the fact sheet for a summary of the WEF Nexus Initiative’s (WEFNI) purpose and activities between 2015-2018.
If you are interested in joining the community of practice please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Milestones of WEFNI
- Multi-Stakeholder Dialogue: Opportunities for integrative planning across water, energy, and food sectors in the San Antonio Region. (September 25, 2018) Program
Water-Energy-Food Nexus (WEF) Stakeholder Information and Engagement Workshop, (2018) Summary Full Report
Solutions at the Nexus of Food, Energy and Water (FEW) Systems: Findings from the 2017, a FEW Nexus Workshop and Multi-Stakeholder Dialogue on Integrated Science, Engineering, and Policy. [College Station, Texas, January 26-27, 2017) Workshop Executive Summary Report
Town halls – Supporting the planning for Water-Energy-Food Resources Nexus in San Antonio and surrounding regions (November 2016 and April 2017) San Antonio Case Studies
Water Forum and Tech Roadmap. (San Antonio, TX , November 17-18, 2015) Water_Forum_Rept_Nov2015
WEF Nexus Initiative Launch (College Station, TX , October 8, 2015) WEFNI Launch_EBooklet
TAMUS/Future Earth Water-Energy-Food Nexus Workshop (Washington D.C., June 13, 2015) June 2105 TAMUS-Futureearth ExecSumm
STOTEN Special Issue: reporting on the San Antonio Case Studies of the Texas A&M WEF Nexus Initiative (2015-2018). On Line access.
- Mohtar, R. H., & Daher, B. (2019) Lessons learned: Creating an interdisciplinary team and using a nexus approach to address a resource hotspot. Science of The Total Environment, 650, 105-110. download.
- Aldaco-Manner, L., Mohtar, R., & Portney, K. (2019) Analysis of four governance factors on efforts of water governing agencies to increase water reuse in the San Antonio Region. Science of The Total Environment, 647, 1498-1507. download.
- Bhojwani, S., Topolski, K., Mukherjee, R., Sengupta, D., El-Halwagi, M.M., (2019). Technology review and data analysis for cost assessment of water treatment systems. Science of the Total Environment 651 (2019) 2749–2761. 2761. download
- Daher, B., Lee, S., Kaushik, V., Blake, J., Askariyeh, M. H., Shafiezadeh, H., Mohtar, R. H. (2019) Towards bridging the water gap in Texas: A water-energy-food nexus approach. Science of the Total Environment 647 (2019) 449–463. download
- Dargin, J., Daher, B., & Mohtar, R. H. (2019) Complexity versus simplicity in water energy food nexus (WEF) assessment tools. Science of the Total Environment 650 (2019) 1566–1575. download
- Loy, S., Assi, A. T., Mohtar, R. H., Morgan, C., & Jantrania, A. (2018) The effect of municipal treated wastewater on the water holding properties of a clayey, calcareous soil. Science of the Total Environment 643 (2018) 807–818. download
- Mohtar, R. H., Shafiezadeh, H., Blake, J., & Daher, B. (2019) Economic, social, and environmental evaluation of energy development in the Eagle Ford shale play. Science of the Total Environment 646 (2019) 1601–1614. download
- Tahtouh, J., Mohtar, R., Assi, A., Schwab, P., Jantrania, A., Deng, Y., & Munster, C. (2019). Impact of brackish groundwater and treated wastewater on soil chemical and mineralogical properties. Science of the Total Environment 647 (2019) 99–109. download
- Daher, Bassel, Bryce Hanibal; Kent Portney; Rabi H Mohtar (2019) Towards Creating an Environment of Cooperation between Water, Energy, and Food Stakeholders in San Antonio. Science of the Total Environment 651 (2019) 2913–2926. download
- Mroue, A. M., Mohtar, R. H., Pistikopoulos, E. N., & Holtzapple, M. T. (2019). Energy Portfolio Assessment Tool (EPAT): Sustainable energy planning using the WEF nexus approach – Texas case. Science of the Total Environment 648 (2019) 1649–1664. download
Daher, B., Mohtar, R. H., Davidson, S., Cross, K., Karlberg, L., Darmendrail, D., Ganter, C.J., Kelman, J., Sadoff, C., Nahon, C., Fonseca, G., Comby, J., Lavarde, P., Abicalil, T., Aldaco-Manner, L., Schweitzer, M. (2018). Multi-stakeholder Dialogue: Water-Energy-Food (WEF) Nexus and Implementing the SDGs. IWRA Policy Brief No. 2
Raya Marina Stephan, Rabi H. Mohtar*, Bassel Daher, Antonio Embid Irujo, Astrid Hillers, J. Carl Ganter, Louise Karlberg, Liber Martin, Saeed Nairizi, Diego J. Rodriguez, & Will Sarni (2018): Water–energy–food nexus: a platform for implementing the Sustainable Development Goals. Water International, DOI: 10.1080/02508060.2018.1446581
Special Issue 2017 V4,I3 Current Sustainable/ Renewable Energy Reports (an outcome of the NSF-FEW Nexus Multistakeholder Dialogue Workshop, College Station, TX, January 2017).
- RH Mohtar (guest ed.) 2017. Invited Commentary: Preface to the Issue. Curr Sust / Renew Energy Reports 4:3, 87-89.
- AS Stillwell, AH Mroue, JD Rhodes, MA Cook, JB Sperling, T Hussey, D Burnett, ME Webber. Water for Energy: Systems Integration and Analysis to Address Resource Challenges. Curr Sust / Renew Energy Reports 4:3, 90-98.
- E Castell-Perez, C Gomes, J Tahtouh, R Moreira, ES McLamore, HS Knowles III. Food Processing and Waste Within the Nexus Framework. Curr Sust / Renew Energy Reports 4:3, 99-108.
- EJ Sullivan Graham, N Baktian, L Mar Camacho, S Chellam, A Mroue, JB Sperling, K Topolski, P Xu. Energy for Water and Desalination. Curr Sust / Renew Energy Reports 4:3, 109-116.
- R Lal, RH Mohtar, AT Assi, R Ray, H Baybil, M Jahn. (2017). Soil as a Basic Nexus Tool: Soils at the Center of the Food–Energy–Water Nexus. Curr Sust / Renew Energy Reports 4 (3), 117-129. Springer Link
- S Loy, J Tahtouh, C Munster, K Wagner, A Fares, S Ale, R Vierling, F Jaber, A Jantrania. State of the Art of Water for Food Within the Nexus Framework. Curr Sust / Renew Energy Reports 4 (3), 130-136.
- BA McCarl, Y Yang, R Srinivasan, EN Pistikopoulos, RH Mohtar. 2017. Data for WEF Nexus Analysis: a Review of Issues. Curr Sust / Renew Energy Reports 4 (3), 137-143.
- BA McCarl, Y Yang, K Schwabe, BA Engel, AH Mondal, C Ringler, E N Pistikopoulos. Model Use in WEF Nexus Analysis: a Review of Issues. Curr Sust / Renew Energy Reports 4 (3), 144-152.
- B Daher, W Saad, SA Pierce, S Hülsmann, RH Mohtar. 2017. Trade-offs and Decision Support Tools for FEW Nexus-Oriented Management. Curr Sust / Renew Energy Reports 4 (3), 153-159.
- KE Portney, A Vedlitz, G Sansom, P Berke, and BT Daher. (2017) Governance of the Water-Energy-Food Nexus: The Conceptual and Methodological Foundations for the San Antonio Region Case Study, Curr Sust / Renew Energy Reports, 4:3, 160-167.
- DW Smith, M Welch, KE Bennett, J Padgham, R Mohtar. 2017. Building a WEF Nexus Community of Practice (NCoP). Curr Sust / Renew Energy Reports 4:3, 168-172
- JB Sperling, PR Berke. 2017. Urban Nexus Science for Futuer Cities: Focus on the Energy-Water-Food-X Nexus. Curr Sust / Renew Energy Reports 4:3, 173-179.